Saturday, February 26, 2011

Catching Up With....Natalie Gulbis

Natalie Gulbis at HSBC Women's

Sum up 2010?
It was a good year. I started off the year having a back surgery that has saved my career and I felt really good throughout the year. I struggled with my golf game in many of the events but I think it was a good transitional year for me.

You had to withdraw a couple of times in 2010 because of your back, what was going on?
I've withdrawn a lot of times in my career because of my back. Hopefully 2011 will have the least amount [of withdrawals]. I feel great.

How did you spend your off season?
I practiced a lot. This is the healthiest I've been so I spent a lot of time at home with Butch Harmon my coach in Las Vegas. It's a big year this year.

Did you have anything specific you wanted to work on?
A lot of wedge work. I needed to work on my wedges so I've spent a lot of time in the short game area.

When did you pick up your clubs again?
After the LPGA Tour Championship I took a couple of weeks off and then around the holidays I always take time off.

What are your goals for 2011?
To be a part of the victorious U.S. Solheim Cup team. I think about those points everyday.

What are you looking forward to the most this season?
Just getting out and playing. What is nice is this is my 10th year on Tour so a lot of stops I've been at for many years and I love to go back to events throughout the year.

You do a lot of charity work, are there specific ones you’ll be involved with in 2011? And how do you plan time for charity when you have a busy golf schedule?
I want to do more with my foundation and more with the Boys & Girls Club. I had three charity events last year for the Boys & Girls Club and I made time. You just have to do it.


Courtesy of LPGA.com