Thursday, December 23, 2010

Jaclyn Sweeney - LET Rookie


Jaclyn Sweeney, playing at LET Final Qualifying School for 2011, hails from Andover just outside Boston in the United States and resides in Bradenton, Florida, where she shares a coach with Paula Creamer in David Whelan.

She played collegiate golf at Arizona State University and was a member of the winning NCAA championship team in 2009 before making the move to the paid ranks in September. She hopes to play a full season on the Ladies European Tour in 2011. 

Favourite food: pasta

Favourite golf course: Seaside Course at Sea Island, Georgia. 

On your ipod: house music, R&B and pop. Anything that’s good to work out to. I like David Guetta. Carlota Ciganda got me into David Guetta when I used to drive her places. 

Favourite movies: I love Inception, Toy Story 3 and Corky Romana. 

Hidden talent: Cooking.

Biggest fear: Snakes. 

Dream foursome: Gary Player, Lorena Ochoa The Shark Greg Norman. 

Favourite golfer: Suzann Pettersen. 

Words to live by: Life the life you love and love the life you live. 

Best golf tip: Think of one swing thought. 

Shot I Love To Practice: A hook.

Needs Improvement: Putting.

Favourite Club: 3-wood. 

Ball marker: Changes with the round. Usually an Australian penny or four leaf clover. 

Superstitions: none really. 

Holes-In-One: 2, one aged 16 and one aged 19 at LPGA International. 

Age I First Broke 70: I think I was 16.

Lowest Round Ever: 65 (-6)

Love To Trade Places With: A fashion designer or a chef. 

Favourite Non-Golf Athlete: I like Rafael Nadal. 

What's in the bag? (All Taylormade) 
DRIVER: Burner 10.5 degrees fujikura shaft. 3-WOOD: R9, 19 and 23 degree Rescue burner. 
IRONS: R9 (5-PW); WEDGES: ZTP 50, 56 and 60 degrees; PUTTER: Rosa; BALL: Taylormade TP.