Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Schwartzel Prepares for Malaysian Open


Charl Schwartzel says he has been too busy to celebrate his recent triumph at Augusta om his arrival in Kuala Lumpur for the Maybank Malaysian Open this week.

His 24-hour trip made stops in New York and London and the 26-year-old admits the days since his victory have left him drained.

"Right now as I'm sitting here I don't know if it's morning or night," Schwatzel said.

"I've just had a 12-hour time difference and a 24-hour flight. I was in the gym earlier trying to make myself loose, trying to get it going again."

He added: "It's still so difficult to take it all in -- I've been so busy.

"We had so many media things to do afterwards and straight from there after just a couple of hours we had to get on a flight and come over here.

"Maybe (I'll celebrate) next week when we've got a bit of a week off."

Schwartzel has been unable to practice as his clubs are only due to arrive hours before his tee-time in the first round of the tournament at Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club.

But he insists he will be giving 100 per cent during the Malaysian Open despite all the distractions of the last few days.

"I never play for the sake of playing. This week I'll try to play my best. I seem to play better the hotter places get," he said.