Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ryder Cup Reaction




It was a nerve-wracking day for the Europeans but eventually they regained The Ryder Cup from the United States. 

Captain Colin Montgomerie: "I'm so proud, very proud moment for us all here in Europe. We all played to a man magnificently, we all gave a 110 per cent, and that's all I could ask. Obviously one game came down to a lot of, and they will want to talk about it, but every player, playing how well they did they played magnificent, all 12. I knew I had a great 12, I knew I did.

"I just had to rely on certain people at certain times, and all credit to Eddie Molinari, to be up 3 up in the first place was fantastic, and the way Rickie Fowler finished, and Graeme McDowell was put there for a good reason, he's full of confidence and that showed. That birdie on 16 was just quite unbelievable, quite unbelievable.

"It means the world to European golf."

Graeme McDowell: “I've never felt as nervous on a golf course in my life as I did out there. I mean, trying to do it for my 11 teammates, trying to do it for all these people, trying to do it for Monty, trying to do it for Europe, it's a lot of pressure, it's amazing.”

Lee Westwood: “It's incredible. You never see scenes like that on the 17th green like that. It's been one of those Ryder Cups that's had everything.”

Rory McIlroy: “To regain The Ryder Cup and bring it back to European soil, to do it for European golf and for Seve and for everyone involved; it's been the best week of my life.”

Ian Poulter: “This is a special day, for European golf, to put on a display, in Wales, with this many fans, is just truly unbelievable.”

Sergio Garcia (Vice Captain): “It was amazing. All Ryder Cups, win or lose, are unbelievable. But obviously when you win, the atmosphere the other day, celebrating with all the crowds and everything, give them all the credit in the world. They have been awesome.”

Darren Clarke (Vice Captain): “I think all credit to Monty for everything he's done this week. He's created a massive team atmosphere, fantastic team atmosphere and he's got the best out of his players. The way he's gone through everything has been meticulous. He has been sensational.”


Related articles by Zemanta