Saturday, October 9, 2010

Moriarty Still Chasing French Lead


Colm Moriarty of Team Ireland eagled the fourteenth hole at Golf de Toulouse-Seilh to card a one over par 70 to move up the leader board in a share of seventh place - four shots of the leader, Austrian Bernd Wiesberger.

Wiesberger takes a one stroke lead into the final round of ALLIANZ Golf Open du Grand Toulouse in France form Charles Russo. 

“It didn’t come easy and I had to grind my way through the back nine,” said Wiesberger. “You just have to take pars sometimes. Everything worked my way today and I hope it continues tomorrow. 

“I got off to a good start, especially with the birdie on the third which is a really tough hole with the crosswind and then another on the sixth, where you feel you are really gaining shots on the field. But it was the par saves which kept the momentum going. 

Golf de Toulouse-Seilh was again battered by strong winds gusting up to 25 mph, but Wiesberger refused to be blown off course as he shot a four under par 67 to move to six under par and one clear of Frenchman Charles-Edouard Russo with England’s Rob Dinwiddie a further shot behind. 

“It was so difficult with the wind,” said Russo. “I just told myself at the turn it was another nine holes and to try and fight again and I was pleased with how I came back. It is so hard to concentrate, especially on the greens.” 

Dinwiddie is well on course to bounce straight back to The European Tour, currently lying in fourth place on the Rankings, and a win on Sunday will seal the deal.