Saturday, June 5, 2010

A cut made anyhow...says Mark Staunton

"It's getting closer."

"This week has been exciting in one sense and very disappointing in another. I'm really starting to feel that the parts of the game are coming together. I'm starting to be able to hit all the shots again after a couple of poor seasons, and the putter is trying its hardest to listen to me. I just have to pick the right shot to hit, and improve my routine so I do hit it."

"Castle Dargan this week showed that."

"The first round was pretty good, even though the putter didn't really work. Two under, followed by a one over on a windy second day left me middle of the pack for Friday. And Friday was a bit of a roller coaster. Only four pars in a one under 70 shows there was a lot of good and a bit too much of the not so good. "

"I hit it really well for fifteen holes today which was exciting, but disappointingly let it slip near the finish after failing to commit to a couple of shots."

"It's great to be in competition and really see what parts of the game are performing well, and which ones need to be improved. It's also frustrating to feel that to learn them, you have to make mistakes when it matters. Best lessons are hardest learned."