Friday, October 1, 2010

McCarroll Leads Day 2 in Cyprus





Brendan McCarroll of JFG Academie carded a second round 63 to take the outright lead Marfin Popular Bank Europro Tour Championship on Friday at Aphrodite Hills in Cyprus to lead the event by two shots from George Woolgar of England.


Scott Henry of Scotland is in third place on 5 under. 


Gareth Shaw of Team Ireland carded a round of 67 to finish 2 under. 



Noel Fox is one under par after a round of 71. 




Neil O’Briain is 2 over after signing for a 69. 

Michael Collins of FORE Ireland finished day two with a round of 68 for a three over par total along with Brian McElhinney who carded a 74. 

Paul O’Hanlon of the Curragh ended day two with a 73 for a ten over par total.



Mick Collins reflects on day two:
"Today was really what I was looking for yesterday, i.e. a nice steady start followed by a few birdies. 2 under was about as bad as it could have been today as I played really well without holing anything of any significance."

"My birdies were from 4 inches, 6 inches and 8 feet with the only drop coming from a plugged ball in the front bunker on 17. I haven’t holed any putts for 2 weeks so I have a feeling they are all going to come tomorrow."
"
"The climate over here is superb and the more I play this golf course the more I like it. You pick up new views every day playing around this interesting design. The resort is pretty impressive also with all the different restaurants and the sea just across from the front gate."

"It will be even better if I can get this ball rolling early tomorrow morning and get myself under par for the tournament. "